The idea I am going to visualise in my image is mobile dating apps are making it easier to stalk people. When drawing sketches I had three ideas of how to portray my idea.
1. Have a split image. On one side would be a filthy, fat, messy looking male smiling creepily at his phone in a dark lit room. And on the other side a pretty, young, smiling girl in a nature setting. I felt this would be discriminative and having a negative stereotype set towards overweight people so decided against it.
2. A girl side on smiling at her tablet/mobile phone. A silhouette of an arm and face would be coming out of the screen towards her face. With a logo of a dating app in the corner. I decided against this idea as I can not used an apps logo without breaking copyright and if I created my own I felt people would know it’s about an app but be unsure what it is saying.
3. My current idea a female or male will be placed in the centre of my image (rule of thirds) walking in a dark lit alley way. There will be two walls that will be created in photoshop using lines and filling in the section with textures if I do not find a suitable alleyway. This is to create an idea of when you are on your phone you are distracted from what is going on around you. You are oblivious to danger. Coming out of the walls will be silhouettes of people trying to grab the individual. The silhouettes will be dark enough so you can not see their face but have light so you can see the hands trying to grab the person. This represents the idea of you never know who you are talking to while on your phone and the idea of dating apps making it easier for people to stalk you. I will take the image of a person on green screen and use photoshop to edit, then repetition of the silhouettes. I will be using leading lines to lead the viewer’s eye to the person and phone first then the silhouettes. Making the audience just as oblivious as the individual in the image.
Below is a brief sketch of how I will portray this idea.
– Have the female girl oblivious as she is too invested in her phone to notice the stalker
– Use a symbol of a heart and wifi to represent a dating app. This will be on both mobiles
– Have the male masked or as a silhouette to give the idea you never know who you are talking to.
– Dark setting to emphasis mystery and danger
Feel free to critique my idea and provide feedback on what I can do to improve my idea. And if you think another idea was stronger.